Basement waterproofing can be a big decision, and is usually preceded by a period of Google searches for “waterproof basement” and “sump pumps.” Ideally, you position yourself to purchase basement waterproofing only after becoming highly educated in the process and shopping around for highly reputable companies. Unfortunately, there are all too many fly-by-night “companies” and freelance handymen out there with no credentials, who can easily turn your waterproofing dream into a nightmare! Here are some things to consider when looking for a basement waterproofing professional.
- Insurance – The contractor should carry Workman’s Compensation and General Liability Insurance. Lack of insurance could leave you liable for any injuries suffered on the job.
- Certifications – You’re going to want to hire a company with professional certifications and affiliations. These are the mark of a trustworthy, reliable, and experienced company.
- Years in Business – Basement waterproofing companies come and go like the weather. Your warranty is only as good as the company. Make sure the contractor you choose has been in business for a minimum of 5 years.
- Customer Reviews – Look for a contractor who has many positive customer reviews.
- References – A good way to judge the quality of a company is to talk to an existing customer. Ask your contractor if they would be willing to put you in touch with an existing customer.
By all means, shop around to ensure you’re comfortable with the company! Also, feel free to take a look at our testimonials page.
[contact-form-7 id=”527″ title=”Free Foundation Inspection!”]