Basement Waterproofing Contractor
Do you have a reference I can refer to? This is not a question any basement waterproofer is ready to answer but when you ask, you get to learn a lot. It is true your basement needs as much attention as possible but you can’t throw your money at a basement waterproofing contractor who doesn’t know how to get the work done. Forget the price because this is, in fact, the last thing you should consider.
Why Waterproof Anyway?
Waterproofing protects your foundation against moisture leakage. What’s more, you are sure there will be no toxic mold growth which is a contributing factor to increasing medical complications in your family. Additionally, your contractor is able to protect your foundation against the effects of water leakage which in turn prevents any damage to your precious investment.
Hiring the Best Basement Waterproofing Contractor
The National Association of Realtors® (NAR) says that over 86% of new homes develop foundation problems within the first 10 years. This has led to high demand for waterproofing services but which contractor do you pick? Here are some interesting questions that will reveal the character behind that attractive contractor name:
- Why do you think you are the best? If the contractor is not able to list qualities that put them ahead of other industry players, then move on. They should talk about their track record while providing proof, experience, new innovative methods, reputation, free estimates and guarantees among other factors to convince you.
- What is your experience? It might seem like an obvious question to ask but just consider how many times you have ever asked such a question. It might look disrespectful but it has to be asked. The longer the time they have worked in the industry, the better.
- Are you licensed? It seems obvious right? Well, you will be surprised by the number of quacks especially in smaller cities. Ask the contractor for certification and licensing and if they dither on providing them, then keep looking.
- Do you specialize in any waterproofing techniques? Contractors can be jacks-of-all-trades but you need someone who has experience in foundation problems. Furthermore, look for someone who offers innovative solutions to your basement moisture issues.
- Do you offer any warranty of guarantee? This is the most unsettling question but you are dealing with a precious investment. If your mechanic can offer a guarantee why shouldn’t a basement waterproofing contractor do the same? Make sure you work with someone who is ready to stand behind the project they carry out.
There are thousands of contractors in your city but you need only the best to work on your home’s foundation. Take your time and ask the right questions.