Did you know that over 67% of homes over 6 years of age experience some form of basement leakage? The number might look high but remember most people don’t take time to refinish their basements. This means most water problems are only discovered when there is a storm and the living space floods.
By then, a lot of damage will have been done and in fact you might be forced to abandon your home before it is certified safe by the authorities. This is why you need to contact a basement waterproofing contractor early enough.
If you have noticed standing water in your basement, it is time to call in a foundation contractor immediately. Other warning signs include musty odor which is a sign of mold growth, peeling paint, damp carpets, efflorescence on the walls and high humidity levels. Basement water can compromise the integrity of your home and also lead to property damage in case of floods. Worse still, toxic mold growth poses a big health risk to the entire family.
Why Use A Basement Waterproofing Contractor?
While there are myriad online resources on DIY waterproofing, it is important to hire an expert to get the job done. Here are some reasons why you should rely on a professional contractor:
- Free estimate: Before any work starts, you will get a free no-obligation estimate to understand the entire cost of the project. This helps you to budget ahead and every detail about the project is included in the quotation report.
- Professional inspection: While a DIY project will focus on treating the symptoms, a professional inspection will also identify the underlying root problem in a bid to resolve it. Epoxy injections and other DIY solutions will not work in the long term due to the water pressure. Once the problem has been identified, it is remedied before waterproofing your basement.
- Wide range of basement waterproofing options: A foundation contractor knows which technique to use once the problem is identified. Some of the waterproofing methods used include exterior waterproofing membranes, interior drainage system, sump pump installation, French tile among others. These techniques cannot be installed through a DIY project because they require specialized tools and skills.
- Experience: With long running experience in the industry, a waterproofing contractor is best suited to install a durable waterproofing solution at the best price.
- Warranty: You will get a warranty on the products and services provided as proof of the quality of workmanship offered.
Basement waterproofing not only protects you and the family but also your precious investment. Let an expert inspect your basement and use the best method to protect your home.